Thank you for visiting NationalAppCenter.com.
If you are seeing this message, you are doing so for one of several reasons:
- You are using a text based browser
- You are viewing this site on a web-enabled cell phone
- You are using an outdated browser which doesn't fully support Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
If you fall into the third category, you'll need to upgrade your browser to view NationalAppCenter.com the way it was intended to be viewed.
To make your life a little simpler, here are some links to CSS compliant browsers:
Any one of these browsers properly supports the CSS used on this site and will allow you to view this site as intended.
Grade 9/Freshman Year
- Talk to your guidance counselor (or teachers, if you don't have access to a guidance counselor) about the following:
Remember, you will have more options if you start planning now for college and keep your grades up.
- Attending a four-year college or university
- Establishing your college preparatory classes; your schedule should consist of at least 4 college preparatory classes per year, including:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of math (through Algebra II or trigonometry)
- 2 years of foreign language
- 2 years of natural science
- 2 years of history/social studies
- 1 year of art
- 1 year of electives from the above list
- Using the Student Planner to keep track of your courses and grades.
- Enrolling in algebra or geometry classes and a foreign language for both semesters (most colleges have math and foreign language requirements)
- Create a file of the following documents and notes:
- Copies of report cards
- List of awards and honors
- List of school and community activities in which you are involved, including both paid and volunteer work, and descriptions of what you do
- Start thinking about the colleges you want to attend. (Hint: Use our College Selection section to help look for schools.) Once you have narrowed down the list of colleges and universities in which you are interested, start touring the campuses; our Campus Tours section can also give you some valuable information.