National Application Center :: career details :: Machine Feeders and Offbearers
Career Details :: Machine Feeders and Offbearers
Feed materials into or remove materials from machines or equipment that is automatic or tended by other workers.
No previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, a person can become a general office clerk even if he/she has never worked in an office before.
These occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate. Some may require a formal training course to obtain a license.
Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few days to a few months of training. Usually, an experienced worker could show you how to do the job.
- Transfers materials and products between storage areas and machinery and equipment.
- Loads materials and products into machines and equipment, using hand tools and moving devices.
- Adds chemicals, solutions, or ingredients to machines or equipment to ensure manufacturing process meets specifications.
- Cleans and maintains machinery, equipment, and work areas to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Records production and operational information and data on specified forms.
- Shovels or scoops materials into containers, machines, or equipment for processing, storage, or transport.
- Weighs or measures materials or products to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Sorts and selects materials and products and rejects defective pieces, following specified instructions and standards.
- Modifies materials and products during manufacturing process to meet requirements.
- Feeds materials into machines and equipment to process and manufacture products.
- Identifies and marks materials, products, and samples, following instructions.
- Moves controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment.
- Inspects materials and products for defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Fastens, packages, or stacks materials and products, using hand tools and fastening equipment.
- Removes materials and products from machines and equipment, using hand tools and moving devices.
- Removes materials and products from machines and equipment, using hand tools.
- Bindery Machine Operators and Tenders
- Buffing and Polishing Set-Up Operators
- Casting Machine Set-Up Operators
- Cementing and Gluing Machine Operators and Tenders
- Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters and Set-Up Operators
- Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Combination Machine Tool Operators and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Conveyor Operators and Tenders
- Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Operators and Tenders
- Plate Finishers
General Work Activities
- Handling and Moving Objects
- Performing General Physical Activities
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, Material
- Monitor Processes, Material, Surroundings
- Controlling Machines and Processes
- Product Inspection
- Operation and Control
- Equipment Maintenance
- Operation Monitoring
- Equipment Selection
Frequent Work Context
- Degree of Automation
- Using Hands on Objects, Tools, Controls
- Pace Determined by Speed of Equipment
- Importance of Being Aware of New Events
- Importance of Repeating Same Tasks