National Application Center :: career details :: Sales Representatives, Electrical/Electronic
Career Details :: Sales Representatives, Electrical/Electronic
Sell electrical, electronic, or related products or services, such as communication equipment, radiographic-inspection equipment and services, ultrasonic equipment, electronics parts, computers, and EDP systems.
Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience may be helpful in these occupations, but usually is not needed. For example, a drywall installer might benefit from experience installing drywall, but an inexperienced person could still learn to be an installer with little difficulty.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma and may require some vocational training or job-related course work. In some cases, an associate's or bachelor's degree could be needed.
Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees.
- Negotiates terms of sale and services with customer.
- Analyzes communication needs of customer and consults with staff engineers regarding technical problems.
- Sells electrical or electronic equipment, such as computers and data-processing and radiographic equipment, to businesses and industrial establishments.
- Trains establishment personnel in equipment use, utilizing knowledge of electronics and product sold.
- Recommends equipment to meet customer requirements, considering salable features, such as flexibility, cost, capacity, and economy of operation.
- Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Market Research Analysts
- Parts Salespersons
- Public Relations Specialists
- Real Estate Sales Agents
- Sales Agents, Financial Services
- Sales Representatives, Instruments
General Work Activities
- Selling or Influencing Others
- Communicating With Persons Outside Organization
- Performing for/Working With Public
- Resolving Conflict, Negotiating With Others
- Establishing & Maintaining Relationships
Frequent Work Context
- Job-Required Social Interaction
- Persuade Someone to a Course of Action
- Deal With External Customers
- Provide a Service to Others