National Application Center :: career details :: Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers
Career Details :: Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers
Assist patrons at entertainment events by performing duties such as collecting admission tickets and passes from patrons, assisting in finding seats, searching for lost articles, and locating such facilities as restrooms and telephones.
No previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, a person can become a general office clerk even if he/she has never worked in an office before.
These occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate. Some may require a formal training course to obtain a license.
Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few days to a few months of training. Usually, an experienced worker could show you how to do the job.
- Collects admission tickets and passes from patrons at entertainment events.
- Refuses admittance to patrons without ticket or pass, or who are undesirable for reasons, such as intoxication or improper attire.
- Greets patrons desiring to attend entertainment events.
- Distributes programs to patrons or door checks to patrons temporarily leaving establishment.
- Assists other workers to change advertising display.
- Runs errand for patrons of press box, such as obtaining refreshments and carrying news releases.
- Serves patrons at refreshment stand during intermission.
- Monitors patrons' activities to prevent disorderly conduct and rowdiness and to detect infractions of rules.
- Counts and records number of tickets collected.
- Examines ticket or pass to verify authenticity, using criteria such as color and date issued.
- Assists patrons to find seats, search for lost articles, and locate facilities, such as restrooms and telephones.
- Verifies credentials of patrons desiring entrance into press box and permits only authorized persons to enter.
- Cooks, Fast Food
- Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers
- Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Parking Lot Attendants
General Work Activities
- Performing for/Working With Public
- Getting Information Needed to Do the Job
- Communicating With Persons Outside Organization
- Assisting and Caring for Others
- Establishing & Maintaining Relationships
Frequent Work Context
- Job-Required Social Interaction
- Deal With External Customers
- Provide a Service to Others
- Special Uniform