National Application Center :: career details :: Gaming Dealers
Career Details :: Gaming Dealers
Operate table games. Stand or sit behind table and operate games of chance by dispensing the appropriate number of cards or blocks to players, or operating other gaming equipment. Compare the house's hand against players' hands and payoff or collect players' money or chips.
Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience may be helpful in these occupations, but usually is not needed. For example, a drywall installer might benefit from experience installing drywall, but an inexperienced person could still learn to be an installer with little difficulty.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma and may require some vocational training or job-related course work. In some cases, an associate's or bachelor's degree could be needed.
Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees.
- Conducts gambling table or game, such as dice, roulette, cards, or keno, and ensures that game rules are followed.
- Exchanges paper currency for playing chips or coin money and collects game fees or wagers.
- Verifies, computes, and pays out winnings.
- Sells food, beverages, and tobacco to players.
- Seats patrons at gaming tables.
- Prepares collection report for submission to supervisor.
- Participates in game for gambling establishment to provide minimum complement of players at table.
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Counter and Rental Clerks
- Food Preparation Workers
- Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants
- Parts Salespersons
General Work Activities
- Performing for/Working With Public
- Handling and Moving Objects
- Establishing & Maintaining Relationships
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
- Communicating With Persons Outside Organization
Frequent Work Context
- Job-Required Social Interaction
- Deal With External Customers
- Importance of Being Exact or Accurate
- Importance of Being Sure All Is Done
- Provide a Service to Others