National Application Center :: career details :: Dancers
Career Details :: Dancers
Perform dances. May also sing or act.
A minimum of two to four years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, an accountant must complete four years of college and work for several years in accounting to be considered qualified.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
Employees in these occupations usually need several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.
- Performs classical, modern, or acrobatic dances in productions.
- Rehearses solo or with partners or troupe members.
- Coordinates dancing with that of partner or dance ensemble.
- Works with choreographer to refine or modify dance steps.
- Auditions for parts in production.
- Devises and choreographs dance for self or others.
- Studies and practices dance moves required in role.
- Harmonizes body movements to rhythm of musical accompaniment.
- Makeup Artists, Theatrical and Performance
- Pewter Casters and Finishers
- Professional Photographers
- Set Designers
General Work Activities
- Performing General Physical Activities
- Performing for/Working With Public
- Thinking Creatively
- Coordinating Work & Activities of Others
- Communicating With Other Workers
Frequent Work Context
- Job-Required Social Interaction
- Objective or Subjective Information
- Walking or Running