National Application Center :: career details :: Administrative Services Managers
Career Details :: Administrative Services Managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate supportive services of an organization, such as recordkeeping, mail distribution, telephone operator/receptionist, and other office support services. May oversee facilities planning and maintenance and custodial operations.
A minimum of two to four years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, an accountant must complete four years of college and work for several years in accounting to be considered qualified.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
Employees in these occupations usually need several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.
- Coordinates activities of clerical and administrative personnel in establishment or organization.
- Prepares and reviews operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Formulates budgetary reports.
- Hires and terminates clerical and administrative personnel.
- Conducts classes to teach procedures to staff.
- Recommends cost-saving methods, such as supply changes and disposal of records, to improve efficiency of department.
- Analyzes internal processes and plans or implements procedural and policy changes to improve operations.
- Budget Analysts
- Financial Managers, Branch or Department
- First-Line Supervisors, Administrative Support
- Human Resources Managers
- Management Analysts
- Medical and Health Services Managers
General Work Activities
- Communicating With Other Workers
- Getting Information Needed to Do the Job
- Performing Administrative Activities
- Staffing Organizational Units
- Provide Consultation & Advice to Others
- Reading Comprehension
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Management of Personnel Resources
Frequent Work Context
- Job-Required Social Interaction
- Responsibility for Outcomes and Results
- Consequence of Error
- Objective or Subjective Information
- Supervise, Coach, Train Others