National Application Center :: career details :: Sales Representatives, Medical
Career Details :: Sales Representatives, Medical
Sell medical equipment, products, and services. Does not include pharmaceutical sales representatives.
Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required for these occupations. For example, an electrician must have completed three or four years of apprenticeship or several years of vocational training, and often must have passed a licensing exam, in order to perform the job.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree. Some may require a bachelor's degree.
Employees in these occupations usually need one or two years of training involving both on-the-job experience and informal training with experienced workers.
- Writes specifications to order custom-made surgical appliances, using customer measurements and physician prescriptions.
- Promotes sale of medical and dental equipment, supplies, and services to doctors, dentists, hospitals, medical schools, and retail establishments.
- Designs and fabricates custom-made medical appliances.
- Advises customer regarding office layout, legal and insurance regulations, cost analysis, and collection methods.
- Studies data describing new products to accurately recommend purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Selects surgical appliances from stock and fits and sells appliance to customer.
- Advertising Sales Agents
- Driver/Sales Workers
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Real Estate Sales Agents
- Sales Representatives, Agricultural
- Sales Representatives, Instruments
- Sales Representatives, Mechanical Equipment and Supplies
General Work Activities
- Selling or Influencing Others
- Communicating With Persons Outside Organization
- Getting Information Needed to Do the Job
- Updating & Using Job-Relevant Knowledge
- Establishing & Maintaining Relationships
Frequent Work Context
- Job-Required Social Interaction
- Persuade Someone to a Course of Action
- Deal With External Customers
- Objective or Subjective Information